Director, Financial Controllership and Planning
Baycrest Hospital and Long Term Care Home has an opportunity for a
DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL CONTROLLERSHIP AND PLANNING
Baycrest has an opportunity for a seasoned financial professional who is ready to take their public sector experience to the next level. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & CFO, the Director supports the General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable functions, providing advisory services and guidance to managers throughout the Hospital and Long Term Care Home. They will manage and motivate a small team to achieve effective and timely results and will work to find solutions with finance leaders in other Baycrest departments/entities to support broader financial services and functions. This position is ideal for someone who loves the challenge of building an effective and efficient tools and process within a complex and changing environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains responsibility for managing the day-to-day activities in the Finance department including: accounting functions, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other assigned financial services at Baycrest, ensuring compliance with Baycrest’s policies and procedures, those mandated by law, professional standards (i.e. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), etc.
- Maintains responsibility for accounting functions, including managing and reconciling the General Ledger(s), inter-entity allocations, bank accounts and other accounting functions specific to agreements, programs, funding, etc.
- Manages OHRS/MIS and other assigned reporting functions, including: preparing a reporting schedule; preparing financial reports for the Vice President, Finance & CFO and funders (i.e. Ministry of Health (‘MOH’), the Ministry of Long Term Care (‘MLTC’), Ontario Health (‘OH’)), ensuring compliance with all MOH, MLTC and OH requirements and timetables; evaluating and developing financial reports that support client and departmental needs; ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met; preparing reports and/or presentations.
- Develops, implements and evaluates internal controls, policies and procedures, including: ensuring appropriate routines and controls are established to ensure that journal entries, spreadsheet uploads and interfaces are made in an accurate and timely manner; developing and administering a plan for ongoing account reconciliation and quality review; implementing policies and programs, within scope of authority.
- Provides collaborative leadership in the year-end process, i.e. developing a schedule for the completion of all interim and year-end analysis; coordinating the external audit, in conjunction with the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis; providing support to resolve issues arising from the external auditors.
- Manages the Accounts Payables (‘A/P’) and oversees Accounts Receivables (‘A/R’) functions.
- Ensures all tax, HST and other regulatory filings are completed and remitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors corporate and charitable filing requirements to ensure compliance with various government and legal acts, including the annual T3010 filings as required by Canada Revenue Agency.
- Collaborates with Foundation personnel to support the financial accounting and reporting arising from investments, including the preparation of Financial Statement notes with respect to Foundation investments.
- Provides support to the annual operating and capital budgeting process
- Maintains responsibility for the effective financial tracking and reporting process for capital projects.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field of study
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum of five (5) years’ related experience in a non-profit organization required, preferably in a Public Hospital setting
- Demonstrated understanding of OHRS/MIS standards in healthcare
- Demonstrated experience working with public sector accounting standards preferably in a hospital environment
- Experience in a complex health care facility preferred
- Previous experience preparing and submitting financial and statistical reports for Ministry of Health, Ministry of Long Term Care and/or Ontario Health and working within Ministry Accountability Agreements is preferred.
- Experience performing strategic financial analysis, audits, preparation of budgets and financial planning.
- Proficiency in the use of SmartStream accounting software, Meditech and MS office
- Experience in the use of Prophix software is beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Enrolment in Extended Health and Dental Benefit Plan
- Enrolment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (“HOOPP”)
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
JOIN OUR TEAM: Please submit your application online by clicking the link: Apply Here