ME-08 - $92,182 to $112,418 per year
Permanent Full-time position (37.5 hours per week))
Work Location : Natural Heritage Campus (NHC) - Gatineau, QC*
*Note: This position is eligible for hybrid work and flexible work arrangements
Your place at the Museum
We value diversity and believe we benefit from working in a place where everyone feels included and where the unique qualities and strengths inherent in a diverse workforce are combined. We welcome applications from persons who may identify as a member of one or more other equity seeking groups (for e.g. visible minorities, disabled, 2SLGBTQIA+, religious or cultural minority).
You have a place at the Museum!
About the position
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Finance and IT and Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller provides and contributes to corporate and strategic leadership for the effective stewardship of financial resources. This role includes financial risk foresight, the integrity of corporate financial planning and reporting, collaboration with contracting and procurement functions, the development and monitoring of management and internal control frameworks and the development of appropriate policies, processes and services that are aligned with Government of Canada policies, practices for Crown corporations and the Museum’s business strategies and plans. The Corporate Controller also manages the interface of the Museum’s internal and external audits.
Working at the museum means:
- Contributing to an engaging mission as well as exciting projects and challenges
- An inclusive, friendly and safe work environment
- A competitive salary established by collective agreements
- Access to federal public service group insurance and pension plans
This position is open to all Employees of the Canadian Museum of Nature and any members of the public who meet the qualifications below.
*Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Education and training:
Graduation from a recognized university, preferably in a field relevant to financial management, and a professional accounting designation (CPA, CPA-CA, CPA-CMA, CPA-CGA, or equivalent).
English and French are essential
Bilingual non-imperative: CBC/CBC
- Minimum of 8 years post-designation experience, as well as 3 years in a managerial capacity;
- Significant experience managing the financial reporting process;
- Significant experience interacting with internal and external auditors;
- Experience managing the financial planning process, including budgeting and forecasting;
- Experience providing advice, guidance, and interpretation of appropriate accounting standards, as well as legislative and statutory requirements regarding financial issues and the financial management framework of the organization;
- Experience managing accounting, payables and cash management operation;
- Experience developing and implementing internal control frameworks and designing and monitoring internal controls, including controls related to accounting systems, policies and procedures;
- Experience in managing human and financial resources and working in highly computerized environment; and,
- Experience with procurement and contracting functions would be an asset.