Advisory Comittee Member
1 day left
- CPA status
ADVISORY COMMITTEE OPPORTUNITY - September 2023
The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) is seeking volunteers to serve on an advisory committee related to staff and board compensation practices.
The Sub Committee on Compensation acts as a neutral and expert resource to the CEO and Executive Director and the Finance Committee on staff compensation, and on Council and Committee member honoria and expenses.
Sub Committee Mandate
- To review CNO’s compensation principles on a biennial basis to ensure they continue to reflect current legislative imperatives and best practices in human resources. To make recommendations for change, if any, to the Finance Committee.
- To review and advise the CEO and ED on staff compensation matters in relation to the compensation principles and human resource “best practices”.
- To advise the Finance Committee whether the compensation component that the CEO and ED is including in the budget is congruent with the CNO’s compensation principles and human resource “best practices”.
- To advise the Finance Committee on changes in the daily honorarium and expense policies for Council and Committee members.
Members will have senior level experience and expertise in compensation, are drawn from CNO’s employment market, and demonstrate most of the following competencies:
Relevant professional experience related to compensation
- Can evaluate an overarching compensation philosophy using knowledge of and experience with salary administration, pension and benefit plan design
- Understands and considers risk management factors that are relevant to compensation
- Understands and considers appropriate market trends in compensation and external benchmark comparisons
- Demonstrates familiarity with best practices in attraction and retention and talent management
Applies principles of good governance, separating board oversight from management’s administration
Leadership – contributes to clear and appropriate sense of direction Teamwork – contributes to the surfacing of relevant perspectives and healthy discussion; prepares for, attends and actively participates in meetings Communication – expresses self in a clear, concise and logical manner
Strategic Thinking – applies synthesis to consider CNO’s position in its market
ADVISORY COMMITTEE OPPORTUNITY
Critical Thinking – assesses information and situations logically
Objective problem solving – seeks and relies on facts; subjects proposed solutions to the "common-sense test"; provides input that is practical
Continuous Learning - develops knowledge and skill; participates in continuing education
Demonstrates knowledge of the compensation environment and CNO's market, including the regulatory and broader public sectors
- Identifies issues that may impact, and makes recommendations that protect
- Avoids and prevents conflicts of interest or biases
- Demonstrates financial literacy
Members are appointed for a three year term. Members may serve two full terms. One appointment will be made for the term to begin June 2024, and one appointment will be made for the term to begin June 2025.
Members meet twice per year (spring and fall) for approximately one to two hours. Meetings are usually conducted via teleconference. Preparatory work for approximately one to two hours is required before each meeting.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to Elizabeth Horlock (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 30, 2023. Applications will be reviewed and recommendations made to the Finance Committee for those who most closely meet the criteria. Applicants will be advised by March 31, 2024.
Questions can be referred to Elizabeth Horlock, Director, People & Culture at email@example.com
About the College of Nurses of Ontario
The College of Nurses of Ontario is the governing body for Registered Nurses (RNs), Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) and Nurse Practitioners (NPs) in Ontario, Canada.
More information about CNO and the work of Council is available at www.cno.org
Apply for Advisory Comittee Member
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly