Job Opportunity: Senior Accountant - Cloud-Based Mississauga CPA Firm
Are you a recent CPA graduate looking to kickstart your career in a forward-thinking, cloud-based CPA firm? Do you want to be a part of a closeknit, collaborative and dynamic team that has been serving clients with excellence for over two-decades? Join us as a Senior Accountant and play a pivotal role in our continued growth and success.
About Us: We are a well-established medium-sized CPA firm that has embraced the power of cloud technology to provide paperless solutions to our clients. With over two decades of experience, we have built a reputation for delivering top-notch accounting and taxation services that leverage the latest tools and methodologies.
Your Role: As a Senior Accountant, you will be at the heart of our client interactions and collaborate closely with our dedicated team. Reporting directly to the firm's principal, you will not only contribute to accounting and taxation tasks but also play a critical role in reviewing and analyzing the work of other team members. Your ability to communicate effectively and your strong grasp of accounting principles will be key in maintaining our standards of excellence.
- Full-time, on-site regular office hours, 40-hours per week.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting principles, bookkeeping and bank/credit card reconciliations.
- Proficient in payroll processing, including T3, T4, T5, EHT, and WSIB reporting. Familiarity with payroll processing platforms like Wagepoint.
- 3+ years experience with GST/HST preparation, analysis, and filings.
- 3+ years experience in cloud accounting platforms like QBO, QB, Sage 50, and Xero. Proficiency in Caseware, Office 365 applications, and Taxprep software is essential.
- 3+ years experience with the process of creating working paper files, from bookkeeping records to Compilation Engagement reporting and Corporate Tax return preparation.
- Capable of both preparing and reviewing T1 Personal, T2 Corporate, and T3 Estate tax returns prepared by fellow team members.
- Posses’ excellent communication skills for client interactions via email, telephone, and in-person meetings.
- Corresponding with CRA regarding various tax matters on behalf of clients on a regular basis.
- Salary range 70K- 80K depending upon credentials, experience + opportunities for overtime.
Why Join Us? Join our dynamic team that values collaboration and professional development that embraces the latest cloud technology for enhanced work efficiencies and is dedicated to delivering the highest-level of client service. You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced professionals and contribute significantly to our firm's growth trajectory.
If you are ready to learn, grow and gain valuable experience in the world of cloud-based accounting and taxation, apply today to gain the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the growth of our firm.