Exchange Bank of Canada (EBC) is a Schedule 1 bank headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible bank that fosters the development of all its employees. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more. As we are a new bank in Canada, each employee is given a unique experience and great opportunities for a career growth. As a specialist in wholesale foreign exchange services, EBC provides a wide range of foreign currency exchange and international payment services to financial institutions and corporations tailored to streamline processes and delivered with unparalleled customer service. To learn more, please visit: www.ebcfx.com.
Our Value Statement: We help our clients identify and create foreign exchange solutions, delivering a best practices approach through unparalleled customer service and integrated technology to create significant financial and operational efficiencies.
- Customer First - We earn the right to be our clients’ first
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest standard to build trust.
- Collaborative - We always win as a team.
- Innovative - We find new methods to deliver change and advance technology to the industry.
- Passionate - We are driven to be the best in class.
Exchange Bank of Canada is seeking a driven professional to join their Bank as a Chief Financial Officer.
The principal areas of responsibility and focus for the EBC CFO are conceived to be as follows:
- A financial advisor and partner to the President & CEO, and Group CFO in developing and driving the execution of the Bank’s strategy.
- Being an Ambassador of the Bank as it strengthens its presence in the industry and develops a niche within the Canadian banking system.
- Developing and fostering key relationships with central banks and counterparties.
- Leading the design and evolution of the business model.
- Leading the strategic, capital, and financial planning process for the Bank with the Group CFO.
- Chief steward of the Bank’s capital management with guidance with support from the Treasurer.
- Ownership for the financial regulatory filings and relationship with the supervisory team at OSFI.
Required Education and Experience:
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; and a CPA, CA designation is mandatory.
- Experience as a CFO or VP (or similar level) with Canadian banking experience.
- Possess the strategic capabilities of a ‘business partner’ as well as the fiduciary capability that will ensure financial control as well as timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Effective and proven leadership skills with a forward looking progressive and motivational management style.
- Good business acumen – the ability to see the big picture, to develop financial strategies, and to provide guidance to stakeholders and management.
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting principles and best practices as they relate to timely, accurate, and relevant public company reporting requirements.
- Sound business judgment and comfortable in the creative and proactive presentation of recommendations for overall business improvements and solutions.
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives Results
- Business Insight
- Ensures Accountability
- Builds Effective Team
- Commuter Reimbursement - EBC will pay the toll, bus or metro cost in and out of work
- Holiday Pay - Paid day off for 11 designated holidays throughout the year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick/Personal Time Off
- Health/Dental/Vision Basic Life, AD/D, and Short/Long-Term Disability
- RRSP - Company matches up to 5%
Apply for EBC, CFO
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly