Program Financial Consultant
As a key member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, the Program Financial Consultant provides in-depth financial analysis, planning, and consultation for various hospital programs. This role acts as a bridge, seamlessly integrating financial and statistical data, ensuring optimal resource allocation and effective decision-making processes. We are seeking a proactive, inquisitive professional who can delve deep into transaction-level data while also engaging leadership in strategic discussions. The role requires thoughtful problem-solving in our complex environment. They'll be a central point of contact for operations, addressing a range of organizational issues. This position works remotely.
Royal Victoria Reginal Health Centre (RVH) serves the community of Simcoe County and provides highly specialized services including but not limited to: Stroke, Cardiac, Oncology, Neonatal Intensive Care, Adult & Youth Mental Health, and has been recently designated as a Level III Trauma Centre. RVH is undergoing significant growth, including a capital plan that will see the current North Campus double in size over the next ten years, while developing the new South Campus in Innisfil. Our award-winning workplace believes in offering opportunities for growth and development which includes an Education Trust Fund and competitive benefits package. RVH believes in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support productivity as applicable to the employee role and the department function. This role offers the opportunity of working remotely and flexible work arrangements for employees in accordance with RVH’s Working Remotely Policy
Financial & Statistical Analysis:
• Conduct comprehensive analysis of financial and statistical results, business cases, and budgets.
• Forecast program results and identify trends.
• Offer actionable recommendations to program management and senior leadership based on data-driven insights.
• Liaise with program and finance personnel regarding financial outcomes and occasionally interface with vendors concerning invoices.
• Participating in operational projects with the Hospital and external stakeholders, including assisting with proposal analysis, costing, and business case creation.
• Showcasing business analysis skills by producing reports that enhance decision-making and fulfilling data/reporting requirement.
• In-depth review of revenue streams categorized by funding source and comparison to set goals
• Scrutiny of expenses to pinpoint reasons for deviations from projections
• Analysis of labour costs relative to budgeted amounts and expected funded amounts
Budget Coordination/Fiscal Planning:
• Collaborate with various programs to formulate their budgets.
• Support directors and program leaders with budget assumptions and consolidation processes.
• Benchmarking against peer hospitals
• Analyzing volumes and activities, forecasting rooted in demographic data and business growth trends
• Comparing actual costs to projected expenses to align with funded performance, ensuring top-quality service delivery to our community.
• Assembling reconciliations for funds received and documented
Financial Education & Advisory:
• Educate and onboard new managers and staff on budgeting tools, Meditech general ledger usage, and MIS guidelines.
• Advise program management on budgetary matters, MIS reporting, and Ministry financial/statistical requirements.
External Reporting & Communication:
• Assist programs with statistical reporting for agencies such as LHIN, MOHLTC, and other provincial bodies.
• Communicate reporting results to external clients.
• Completion of a university degree program (B.Comm, M.B.A. or equivalent) and/or professional designation program (CMA/CGA/CA)
• 3-5 years of financial or business analysis roles
• Proficient in advanced data management and statistical analysis. Capable of extracting data and transforming it into a compelling narrative
• High proficiency using MS Excel, strong skillset in MS Office Suite and modern BI Tools such as power query, power bi, SQL, tableau, or other types of BI Tools
• Familiarity with CIHI-MIS Guidelines is preferred
• Previous experience using Meditech/Epic is preferred
• Previous experience creating/work with complex data sets, providing useful information.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff
• Sound organizational and planning with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines.
• Commitment to RVH vision, mission and values.