Can work be meaningful? Can it mean more than money, meetings, projects and deadlines? Can companies create positive climate eco-action? Can they do well, and do good? We’re staking our business on ‘Yes’ to every one of those questions.
Carlton One Engagement (carltonone.com) is a B2B technology company that helps make work mean more within employee recognition, sales performance, loyalty, and reward management industries around the world. With over 450 clients, 10 million actively engaged members across 185 countries with an annual growth rate of 40% you will be joining a team with a proven, global track record. Each of our technology products fuel our eco-action mission of funding tree planting around the world. We have already funded 12.9 million trees, and are growing to achieve a goal of 100 million trees every year.
To get to there, we need you here. We need your drive, your curiosity, and your belief that you can help change the world. Today, our Finance team is looking for a talented Finance Manager. If this is you, and you share our vision of a more meaningful career, please apply for this opportunity so that we can grow together.
About the Opportunity:
The Finance Manager will report to the VP Finance at our head office in Markham. S/he will provide hands-on leadership to the financial reporting and performance analysis as well as revenue assurance and managing end-to-end customer billing. Other key responsibilities include:
- Manage the billing team and assist them in their month closing tasks, review/prepare journal entries and various reconciliations accurately and on a timely manner.
- Along with the CFO and the VP Finance, set and measure financial KPI and perform analytics for the CEO, senior management and the board.
- Perform monthly revenue analysis of actual vs forecast
- Analyze the revenue trends, profitability by customer/segment/product and make recommendation for profitability improvements
- Recommends strategies for increasing financial performance.
- Prepare the variance reports for senior management.
- Participate in the preparation of financial report, KPI reports, consolidated financial statements
- Represent finance to work with Customer Success and other departments in supporting customer management and operations
- Perform the more complex revenue and billing tasks for large clients
- Process design to support new markets and service offerings
- Manage the review and reconcile inter-company transactions and balances, and assist with eliminations for consolidated reporting
- Manage a team of 3 finance staff
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation preferred but not essential
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Solid English language written, financial and visual communication skills
- Very good understanding Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (“ASPE”)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with others in a professional, influential manner
- Experience with Netsuite in multi-currency, multi-company and multi-geography environments
- Effective organizational and time management skills University degree with an accounting/business major
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
Here are some additional “Perks” that we provide:
- Hybrid work environment
- All employees are eligible to earn Bravo! Points to redeem rewards from a catalogue of over 10 million rewards including merchandise, travel, gift cards, event tickets, and more.
- Access to our “Employee Benefits” portal – you can save hundreds of dollars annually
- Proximity to public transit
- Monthly company-wide events, great parties, and trips
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly