Assistant Financial Controller
Opened in 1993, RBC Place London (formerly London Convention Centre) has a reputation of providing world class service to all who step foot inside the facility. Our goal is to delight guests with every interaction, and our ongoing success of creating raving fans attests to our achievement in reaching this goal. Boasting 70,000 square feet of meeting, conference and exhibition space, our flexible facility will leave a lasting impression on the way you view other facilities!
RBC Place London is located in downtown London, Ontario, 300 York Street.
Interested in joining an outstanding hospitality team? The Corporate Services department is currently looking for a full-time Assistant Financial Controller!
The Assistant Financial Controller is responsible for accounting functions which help RBC Place London achieve strategic goals. This position includes a variety of administrative and financial functions and is a key position within Corporate Services. The Assistant Financial Controller works with clients, internal clients, and Event Planning to ensure the accuracy of the reporting and invoicing contributing to a “raving fan” guest experience.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director, Corporate Services & Sustainability
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements for review by the Director, Corporate Services & Sustainability. Preliminary statements are completed by the 5th working day and the final draft by the 10th working day of every month.
- Reconciling banks and balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Maintain month end documents and account information.
- Issue client and internal invoices daily, to achieve 24-hour turn around and follow up as required regarding any billing discrepancies.
- Process advance deposits, cash deposits and e-cheques deposits in Momentus (property management software system)
- Responsible for account collections, tracking and reporting of outstanding bad debts.
- Prepare and distribute various daily/monthly revenue and labour reports as required.
- Track, confirm and process payments for Exhibitor orders.
- Responsible for the recording and valuation of food and beverage inventories.
- Calculates food and beverage inventory valuation at month end and assists with variances on financial statements.
- Assist the Director, Corporate Services & Sustainability with analysis of variances and distribution of the monthly financial statements and reports.
- Assist the Director, Corporate Services & Sustainability in the preparation and monitoring of the annual Operating Budget.
- Assist the Director, Corporate Services & Sustainability in the preparation of year end working papers for the external auditors.
- Take a leadership role with the accounting modules of the property software, Momentus.
- Create and/or update finance reporting forms and procedures as required including creation of Momentus operating manual for accounting.
- Responsible to observe and follow all established health and safety procedures, rules, and practices.
- Provide backup to Director, Corporate Services & Sustainability during absences.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements
- This role will require in-depth understanding of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and full cycle accounting (AR, AP, payroll, journal entries etc.)
- College diploma or university degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a financial position required.
- Currently pursuing CPA designation (required).
- Understanding of a variety of advanced computer software systems with a background in computerized accounting required.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Excellent ability to independently problem solve, and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an exceptional guest experience environment.
Hours of Work/Working Conditions
This position offers a flexible (remote/in-office) schedule with 1 day being remote.
Salary Range: $54,734 - $71,285
Benefits: Health & Dental, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Employee Assistance Program, OMERS pension plan, Sick/Personal days, Parking, Education Reimbursement, Professional Membership reimbursement if desirable or requirement of holding a particular position.
How to apply
Interested applicants are asked to email their resume to email@example.com by Monday, February 12th, 2024.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any accommodation.
For more information on RBC Place London, visit our website or follow us on social media!
Apply for Assistant Financial Controller
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly