4 days left
- CPA status
- CPA Member
Reporting to the Sr. VP Corporate Services & CFO, the Director of Finance is accountable for the strategic leadership and effective management of college financial services including Accounting & Reporting, Budgets, Procurement, Distribution, along with the supporting Financial IT systems.
The Director of Finance plays a pivotal role in leading and fostering a service-oriented organization that is solutions focused and highly collaborative and embraces equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation. The Director of Finance contributes to the efficient and effective administration of the College by ensuring that college financial controls and other administrative functions under the direction of this position are effectively managed. Responsible for the stewardship of the development of the College’s budgets and financial forecasts and oversees the College's accounting and financial reporting systems to ensure accuracy and compliance with agreements, regulations, and policies. Oversees the preparation of the College’s annual audited financial statements as well as special reports. Ensures compliance with accounting standards, Broader Public Sector legislation, CRA regulations and MCU and College financial policies.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 4-year degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent 4-year university degree. Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA).
A minimum of 11 years of progressive financial leadership within a large, multi-department organization in the broader public sector.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Proven experience in a senior accounting capacity related to financial management and public financial reporting.
- Experience with financial risk management and investment strategies.
- Sound experience in leading large cross-functional projects and process improvements within financial functions and financial information systems.
- Deep knowledge of full-cycle accounting and strong technical skills.
- Be a highly proven and experienced leader and have the ability to manage staff members effectively, as well as appropriately advise senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a high volume of work and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines. In-depth knowledge of financial analysis/reporting, budget processes and accounting principles/practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in communicating complex financial information across multiple levels and audiences.
- Must be a self-starter and a highly collaborative, innovative, forward thinker who brings proven coaching and strategic advisory skills with the ability to mobilize action and engage others.
- Results oriented with strong problem-solving capabilities and thrives when faced with a challenge.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams towards service excellence.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills.
- Ability to work well in teams, be organized, meet deadlines and have strong reasoning, judgement and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location and work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.