1 day left
- CPA status
- CPA Student
The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall.
What is the Opportunity?
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Intermediate Accountant is a generalist role responsible for supporting the team as directed by completing accounting processes, reconciliations, reporting and analysis on a monthly and yearly basis. Assignment of responsibilities within the department may include accounts receivables, inventories and royalties will be dependent and based on ongoing priorities, deadlines and department needs throughout the fiscal year.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the team in the preparation of accounts receivable related accruals, support monthly customer reporting and an analysis of business transactions from all RCM platforms to aide in efficient decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of costing working files for inventories, supporting the review of costs of goods, entering prices and quantities, setting up new products and ensuring costs and amounts are accurate in the system.
- Support the department in preparing and reconciling GL accounts related to Publishing’s departmental revenue to provide all supporting schedules to other departments when required.
- Assist in establishing the standard processes and reports on royalties payable, inventory management, and investigate issues to find solutions for better efficiency across the group.
- Assess current processes and procedures, identify gaps, and recommend measures to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and are adhered to.
- Assisting with reviewing and preparing a variance analysis for significant variance in Publishing P&L monthly/yearly.
- Participate in interim and year-end audits and with direction from the direct supervisor work with auditors in respect to providing required documents and schedules.
- Support the team in the processing of all related refunds regularly from e-commerce platforms and prepare indicative reports of all returns made monthly for The RCM and its associated companies.
- Work with other team members, participate in projects and help in providing support cross departmental questions and queries without allowing items to slip through the cracks.
- Review taxation requirements monthly and prepare and file accurate and reconciled reports for both US and Canada sales taxes while ensuring timeous filing and remittance of such taxes where payable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.