Senior Financial Controller
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer of BDC 2000 Ltd., the successful applicant will be responsible for the management of all activities related to financial information, accounting processes and internal controls for Bermuda General Agency Ltd., Pitt & Company Ltd. and related companies.
- Managing all financial information and accounting processes of the Companies, including monthly financial statements, cash management, financial statement analysis, periodic forecasting, and related variance analyses.
- Supervising the day-to-day running of the Accounts and Customer Service departments.
- Overall responsibility for the physical inventory counts, including valuation, various analyses, and other management reports.
- Overseeing the yearly financial close process ensuring that the financial statements are prepared according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Managing the annual financial audit; including liaising with the auditors and completing audit schedules.
- Working closely with the President & CEO and COO as part of the senior operational management team to set and direct the operational and financial course of the Companies, including preparation and finalization of the annual budgets.
- Collaborating with operational management to ensure that adequate internal controls and procedures are correctly implemented and maintained.
- Supporting new business initiatives, especially system projects, via business process and internal control review.
- Directing efforts to enhance the Company’s profitability, effectiveness and efficiency through cost control, business process review, and ongoing improvement of internal controls.
- Assisting in contract and lease negotiations as well as preparing financial analysis for special projects and new ventures.
- Supporting other Corporate financial functions, including cross training within the Corporate financial team.
- Performing ad hoc duties, special projects and any other duties applicable to the level of the position.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- An internationally recognized accounting designation with eligibility for membership with CPA Bermuda.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a senior financial position of a comparable size organization, including inventory management. Wholesale and/or retail experience would be an asset.
- A strong work ethic - highly motivated and committed to a hands-on approach.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, with a proven track record in leading teams and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and responding to a variety of demands in a deadline driven environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate with and support both internal and external parties at all levels.
- Experience in a multi-system environment with strong computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Suite of Products. Experience with Infor SUN accounting software would be an asset.
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed.
Interested applicants should apply in writing to the Human Resource Manager, BGA Wholesale Distributor, P.O. Box HM 506, Hamilton, HM CX, Bermuda or direct submissions via email to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: December 30, 2023
Only applicants short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.