Internal Audit Accountant IV, Finance Department
Internal Audit Accountant IV
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association, representing 45,000 teachers in Ontario's publicly funded Catholic schools, invites applications for the position of Internal Audit Accountant IV assigned to the Finance Department commencing on or around January 15, 2024.
Working under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and Manager of Finance and Audit, the Internal Audit Accountant IV assists Local Units to independently maintain their financial records using QuickBooks Online (QBO). The Unit Internal Audit Accountant will also prepare working papers and Unit Financial Statements with variance analysis for review by the Manager of Finance and Audit. The Internal Audit Accountant IV will assist in the planning and scheduling of the audits of financial statements for the units along with input from the Manager of Finance and Audit and/or Chief Financial Officer.
- A minimum of five (5) years senior experience in general accounting practices and audit.
- Working knowledge of GAAP with emphasis in not-for-profit fund accounting.
- A minimum of three years previous experience with SAGE 300 accounting software experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience using working with QuickBooks and/or QuickBooks Online or other accounting software.
- Advanced levels in Excel and PowerPoint. Be comfortable with the use of advanced technology.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills, with professional telephone manner.
- A good business sense with an ability to quickly understand organization structure, processes, and culture.
- Experience and/or interest for technical research in accounting standards or other areas of continued study and a desire for learning.
- Ability to maintain strong client relationships, excellent unit service skills and professional in the performance of duties.
- Ability to travel to Unit offices, if required. Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Completed undergraduate degree in accounting or economics.
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) designation.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a public accounting firm(s) as an Assurance Auditor.
QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Set up a standard chart of accounts for local unit use of QBO using the Unit Treasure's Manual as a guide.
- Provide and maintain QBO standard financial reports as requested by the local unit.
- Provide email and telephone support for QBO.
- Develops and maintains relationship with units.
- Monitors revenue and expenses and works as a resource for the Unit Treasurer and office staff under the guidance of the Manager of Finance and Audit.
- Provides technical accounting support to Unit Treasurers and/or unit appointed staff on QBO
- Provides support in the development of ongoing improvement of effective reporting systems, problem solving and responding to requests and enquiries.
- Communicates directly with CRA on various unit matters.
- Maintains and monitors the unit budget responsibility structure to ensure internal financial statements are maintained.
Unit Year-end audit Procedures
- Conduct internal financial statement audits, prepare financial statements, and notes disclosures for review by the Manager of Finance and Audit.
- Performs variance analysis and other financial and system analysis.
- Develops and maintains relationships with units. R
- Research and develop corresponding documentation and notes changes to financial statements.
- Ensures that year end journal entries are posted in the local unit’s QBO.
- Ensures that all Association’s remittances to units agree and are posted in the Unit’s QBO.
- The individual must be able to work independently and with confidential information.
Salary, benefits and working conditions are as per the collective agreement between the Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association and the Canadian Office and Professional Employees (COPE) Union, Local 343.
Qualified candidates are required to submit a cover letter and résumé electronically to the attention of Cindy Robidoux, Manager of Executive Administration and Human Resources, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. Applicants with lived experience as an Indigenous person or a member of an equity-deserving group are encouraged to self-identify in their covering letter.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please let us know if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.