Finance Manger – Job description
We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your expertise in financial analysis and accounting. By overseeing the day-to-day financial activities, you will provide valuable insights and recommendations to upper management.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on cash flow activities and provide strategies that the company should take, and overseeing daily bank reconciliations and currency trades.
- Maintain the Canadian & US Sales tax registrations and submit the monthly, quarterly and annual filings.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained and assist with annual review engagement.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive use of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes and best practises are being maintained
- A solid understanding of financial accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Experience working with foreign currency’s
- Degree in Finance, or Accounting
- Working towards a professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered