Manager, Administration and Finance
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 15
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Student Experience fosters equitable learning environments in which all students can thrive to their full potential. Through our commitment to integrating research, theory, and practice across all of the programs, resources, and supports we provide, Student Experience leads an ecosystem of people, places, and spaces that empower student thriving.
The Manager, Administration & Finance will work with the Director of Administration to ensure effective oversight and administration of financial and human resource functions in a complex business environment (operating, ancillary, donor, fee-for-service and grant funded activities). The role will provide comprehensive guidance and expert financial management, including detailed analysis and budget planning guidance. Working collaboratively, the Manager will also provide leadership in the development and delivery of data, reporting and analytics, and provides information to support planning and decision making in order to develop and monitor key performance indicators, ensuring integrity of data collection and data analysis and submission of required reports aligned with the strategic goals of the portfolio and University
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting and/or Business Management/Administration
- Completion or working towards Chartered Professional Accountant Designation
- CIM and/or Certified Human Resources Professional preferred
- 5 years administrative, human resources, and financial experience in a complex office environment
- Experience managing staff and projects
- Experience in budget planning and data analysis, implementation and operationalization of strategic plans
- Experience in a unionized or public sector environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and external agencies
- Critical thinking and discernment to assess and scope areas for improvement and an ability to offer creative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Ability to establish effective methods for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service directly and indirectly to satisfy expectations
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving ability with a solid understanding of key financial principles and the ability to effectively develop sound financial plans
- Advanced planning and organizational skills with a proven ability to build and manage a financial and business plan
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
- In-depth knowledge of financial budgeting principles, Human Resources principles and practices, Employment Standards Act and other relevant legislation
- Communication skills with the ability to converse with, write reports for, and deliver presentations to all levels of the organization
- Ability to ensure confidentiality and privacy is maintained
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Interested applicants are asked to visit https://recruit.uwo.ca for further information and to apply online referencing job #33242 by midnight on December 19th 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.