Accountant / Financial Analyst
Location: Toronto Etobicoke, CAN (Hybrid role)
No Sponsorship or Relocation provided
About the position
The Accountant / Financial Analyst will provide clear, accurate information for managing and analyzing various business segments in accordance with accounting principles, government regulations and company practices. This role involves forecasting, reporting and month end close activities for Goodyear Canada. Duties involve analyzing and forecasting sales incentive rebates and SAG (sales, admin, and general) expenses including the preparation of schedules and payments as well as monthly reporting to the business and any ad hoc reporting as needed. The seasoned candidate will be inquisitive and able to manage concurrent deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Perform financial reporting processes which includes but not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close procedures, review account reconciliations, functional analysis (including but not limited to P&L, balance sheet and various accounts),
- Partner with various departments throughout Goodyear to implement effective financial analysis tools and procedure. Identifies basic trends, issues or other meaningful insights using basic analytical approaches.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a broad set of accounting principles and techniques (e.g. IAS, US GAAP, etc.). Works with financial transactions and related documentation within the organization. Participates in accounting practices of classifying and recording financial data. Utilize US GAAP and assist in applying US GAAP to transactions that are accounted for and reviewed.
- Follows regulations for entering and reporting the financial content in major accounting systems. Adheres to relevant compliance requirements for financial reporting (e.g., SOX, IFRS).
- Assist with any special projects/assignments as applicable.
Required Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate Degree in accounting or finance required
- 4 + years of accounting &/or financial analysis experience.
- Experience working in an environment requiring analytical response to a variety of business issues
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong analytical abilities and a thorough understanding of GAAP.
- CPA desired
- Ability to interpret and apply current US GAAP, accounting for complex transactions and internal controls in compliance with SOX.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Hyperion Planner and SAP desired.
- Highly organized and ability to manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate to information, both verbally & written effectively with all levels of the organization.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.
Goodyear is proud to offer equal employment opportunities where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the application or recruitment process, please let us know. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.