Senior Accountant / Manager - CPA
CPA - Senior Accountant / Manager
Daleman & Westcott Professional Corporation (DWPC) is a public accounting firm that is registered with CPA Ontario as a pre-approved training office. DWPC provides accounting and tax services and advice primarily to; small to medium sized owner-managed corporations, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. In the past couple years, the firm has won two separate awards through local newspapers which speaks volume to the client service, staff, and culture.
DWPC is seeking a Senior Accountant / Manager with CPA to join our professional team on a full-time basis. The senior accountant position has the opportunity for quick advancement into a manager role.
The ideal candidate will be an individual with 3-5 years public accounting experience. Among other tasks, the key responsibility will be completing detailed reviews of compilation engagements and ensuring they meet the standards of CSRS 4200.
We provide our staff with reasonable working hours, lieu time in the summer, generous remuneration, bonuses for work referred to the firm, a spacious office with one individual per office. We value our staff and your time and seek to have a fun and healthy firm culture. Staff turn around is very low, and as a result of the firm’s tremendous growth we now require the addition of a Senior Accountant.
- Detailed review of compilation engagements, ensuring they are complete and meet the standards
- Assist with preparing and monitoring assurance engagements (review and audits)
- Ensure engagement is set up properly (correct engagement type, pre-acceptance and knowledge of client completed)
- Prepare engagement letter for partner to sign
- Detailed review of T1 personal tax returns an asset (but not required)
- Ensure files are completed in a timely manner and on time
- Preparation of tax and information returns
- Prioritizing and budgeting time, documenting work performed and communicated
Qualifications, Skills & Personal Attributes
- CPA member in good standing
- Complete assignments in a timely manner
- Interact and communicate with clients and fellow staff members
- Protecting client confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, follow direction and learn quickly
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with QuickBooks, Sage/Simply, Tax Cycle or CaseWare is beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (word, excel, office)
- Public Accounting 3-5 years
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $80,000 – $100,000 annually plus health, wellness and RRSP benefits
- 35 hour work weeks (possibly upwards of 45 hours/week during busy season)
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Some overtime during the week and on weekends are possible from January through June.
DWPC is located on the main street of Bracebridge. Ideally the candidate will be able to work full time in the office, however a hybrid work from home model can be arranged for the right candidate.