Senior Staff Accountant
Miranda CPAs is a small boutique accounting firm located in Mississauga, Ontario.
At Miranda CPAs, our mission is to provide timely and reliable financial information to a diverse base of small to mid-size businesses through integration of cutting-edge technology while leveraging on the experience and insights of our professional staff.
Our services include full-cycle bookkeeping, accounting, consulting, preparation of compilation reports and both corporate and personal income tax services..
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team of qualified professionals. This is a full-time permanent on-site position and is available to candidates who are ready to share their talents and make a difference in a growing and successful firm..
We process all client source documentation on-site. A hybrid work model is not an option for this position.
Senior Staff Accountant
POSITION PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:
Perform full-cycle bookkeeping
Prepare documentation supporting financial reporting assertions
Responsible for maintaining client compliance reporting, including payroll, GST/HST and WSIB
Meet deadlines and adapt to changing workloads and other expectations consistent with an accounting environment
Candidates MUST have a minimum of 3 years experience in the following areas:
- full-cycle bookkeeping
- accounting duties, including reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- compilation engagements, including year-end working paper files with supporting documentation, documenting significant engagement matters and promptly notify management of any concerns and issues that may arise, and draft compiled financial information
- preliminary corporate tax planning
- T1s, T2s, T3s, T4s, T5s, GST/HST returns, PD7s and collaborate with other team members to ensure timely completion and resolution of queries
- Communication with appropriate government agencies on payroll, assessments, GST/HST, and business number queries
- Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks (desktop and online), Sage 50, Caseware, Intuit Profile, and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Candidates MUST also possess strong communication skills and exercise sound judgement and initiative.
- Full cycle bookkeeping and accounting, including knowledge of general ledger entries and determining reasonableness of transactions
- Perform banking and other general ledger account reconciliations
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with client contacts and respond promptly to client requests
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of business concepts and government reporting, including GST/HST returns, payroll and remittances, WSIB, etc.
- Process accounts receivable/receipts and accounts payable/payments
- Applying knowledge of tax forms, tax concepts, computer applications and other source materials to prepare tax returns and other data
- Prepare year end working paper files with documentation supporting balance sheet and profit and loss assertions, including arranging and presenting data on schedules, spreadsheets, returns or other work reports using Excel, Word and Caseware
- Prepare and draft compiled financial information
- Interacting and resolving accounting and income tax issues, including communication with CRA and other relevant parties
- Other applicable and related work as directed by management of the firm
- CPA in good standing with the governing bodies of CPA Ontario and CPA Canada/or enrolled in CPA program
- Minimum 3 years experience performing public accounting duties
- Sound professional judgement, initiative, relationship building and proactive
- Proficient knowledge of desktop and online Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Keen attention to detail and strong sense of urgency
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills and flexibility to accommodate changing workloads
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
As business and client needs change, accountabilities of this role will be revised as necessary, and such changes are part of this position.
Annual salary of $85,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience
Participation in bonus program
Five wellness days
Within walking distance of public transportation
Apply for Senior Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly