Finance Division Coordinator
6 days left
- CPA status
- CPA Member
Prepare, process, record and manage invoices and payments for financial activities for the Police Service. Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, financial reports, and respond to client /vendor inquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare financial reports for Finance Manager and senior administration according to standard procedures, including; status of capital projects and tracking of expenses to budget; gather data related to budget development and monitoring.
- Process electronic payments and cheques for all goods and services purchased by the Police Service in a timely manner, to meet Service deadlines.
- Enter accounts payable invoices into SAP system and file appropriately when completed.
- Complete monthly verification process for VISA cards by verifying charges.
- Photocopy, mail or distribute signed cheques, and file copies.
- Maintain a filing system for all Accounts Payable documents.
- Receive and process all daily financial transactions, including accounts payable invoices, ensuring adequate approvals and controls are followed.
- Review and scrutinize source documents for financial transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Invoice as required, in accordance with various contracts.
- Provide assistance with year-end reporting responsibilities.
- Remain current and comply with directives, memorandums General Orders and procedures.
- Maintain and adhere to internal controls for all financial transactions.
- Maintain all accounting records and files.
- Participate in special projects or assignments as required.
- Provide backup for all key positions within the Finance Division, including Finance Manager, Quartermaster Clerk and Fleet & Building Coordinator
- Other duties as required.