Tax and Financial Analyst
Tax and Financial Analyst
Who We Are
First Affiliated is a privately owned Canadian Multi-Family Office providing UHNW families with comprehensive wealth management for over 35 years. We exist to Empower Prosperity and Build Legacies so that our team, and our client families, thrive on a foundation of stability, excellence and independence.
Our People and Culture
The Team at First Affiliated is a dedicated, caring, respectful and enthusiastic group of professionals working in a dynamic environment. Many of us have been with First Affiliated over 15 years. We foster a sense of teamwork inside our organization and with our clients and their advisors, in order to create a dependable, accessible, accountable and nurturing environment which is non-hierarchical in nature. We operate from three locations: Collingwood, Mississauga and Halifax, blending time in the office together with days working from home. Hours and days of work have some flexibility and full time is a 4 ½ day work week. This position offers excellent salary, bonus structure and benefits, including flexible vacation policy.
This is a full-time position (4 1/2 days per week), reporting to the Senior Manager, Tax and Accounting.
Generally speaking, this role will involve working with the Senior Manager to provide comprehensive tax planning solutions for our clients. This would include both the continued tax compliance associated with their current structures as well as the coordination of implementing new structures to meet their overall tax and estate planning needs.
- Support the Senior Manager and FA Team with a broad spectrum of tax and accounting related client tasks.
- Liaise with client service team to complete personal, corporate, and trust tax packages for third party accountants.
- Work with the Senior Manager to coordinate delivery and review of tax deliverables to ensure timely and accurate filing.
- Preparation of trust and corporate financial statements, including reconciliation of investment statements.
- Identify and review potential tax planning opportunities for current and expanding client base.
- Work with FA team to complete related client tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Represent FA in a professional and ethical manner and maintain a high level of quality in all client related tasks and communications.
Required Skills and Experience
- CPA qualification
- Ability to work onsite in the Mississauga location
- Must have minimum 3+ years of experience in high net worth and Canadian private company corporate, trust and personal taxation and accounting
- Proven ability to confidently interact with high profile clients and executives
- Completion, or working towards completion of CICA/CA In depth Tax Course is considered a strong asset
- Working knowledge of investment strategy and investment accounting principles
- Strong client service orientation and team player attitude
- Exceptional communication skills, friendly, cheerful attitude
- Ability to take ownership of multiple tasks and see them through to the client’s satisfaction
- Superior organizational and time management skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Trustworthy in handling sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ShareFile), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom
We are looking for a candidate that will regularly inspire our team with their insights, excellence and results.