1 day left
- CPA status
- CPA Student
The accountant is a dynamic and unique role with the Finance Team. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller / CFO, this position is a generalist role responsible for supporting the team as directed by completing accounting processes, reconciliations, reporting and analysis on a monthly and year end basis. Responsibilities within the department may include processing, reconciling and analyzing accounts receivables, accounts payables, inventories, forecasting and managing cash flows, banking, and complying with various federal and provincial statutes as applicable. A thorough knowledge of full cycle accounting is essential for success in this role.
The following is a brief overview of the position:
• Maintain and update accounting records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable,
general ledger and fixed assets.
• Process financial transactions such as AR/AP invoices, Customer deposits, Vendor cheque
payments, and expense reports.
• Monitor and reconcile bank accounts including funding US$ accounts as may be required
through FX conversions from CAD$ accounts.
• Monthly government remittances.
• Monthly inventory and depreciation calculations.
• Process annual corporate taxes.
• Prepare payment files and process ACH or wire payments to vendors.
• Prepare month end closings & provide the monthly reports.
• Year end adjustments journal entries.
• Compile year end audit schedules for the auditors.
• Yearly reconciliation of government filings.
• Profit and loss creation/analysis.
• Generate reports as required.
• Solid knowledge/Experience with P&L and Balance Sheet.
Key Competencies Required
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or at least 5 years’ relevant work experience in Accounting,
Commerce, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Minimum 3 years experience with full cycle accounting in small or mid sized company.
• Experienced understanding of cash flow cycles.
• Advanced Excel ( Pivot Tables, Vlookups ) and ERP (Epicor) familiarity.
• Excellent command of English Language both written and verbal.
• Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles.
• Highly organized individual with demonstrated knowledge of the relevant municipal,
provincial, and federal accounting principles.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, meet tight deadlines and manage a demanding workload.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Develop strategies to improve processes.
• Provide clean record check.
• Use of on-site POP machine an asset.
• Payroll experience or PCP an asset.
• Positive and passionate about your role.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work independently or as a team.
• Highly organized and efficient.
• Comfortable with learning and trouble-shooting technology.
• Strong attention to detail and numerical accuracy required.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Occasionally walk and stand; frequently sit.
• Predominately office of minimal noise level.
• High noise levels and moving machinery when occasionally visiting shipping department.
• Work environment is not subject to dust, high/low temperatures.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Work Expectations: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm
• Dental care.
• Extended health care.
Role is full-time on-site, in the Mississauga office.
This is a great opportunity for a Junior Accountant to gain valuable experience in a dynamic financial environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for career growth. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for numbers and finance, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people with disabilities. We will provide accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly