Senior Specialist, Financial Reporting
About the role
Join the Chief Financial Team where we use financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability. We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Bring your analytical skills and your financial reporting expertise to this Senior Specialist, Financial Reporting position. Your expertise in financial reporting and in providing strategic financial advice to management will make you the best candidate for this opportunity.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 18 months.
What you’ll do:
- Stay current on climate disclosure standards, analyze and interpret the requirements and conduct training on the requirements.
- Develop controls over non-financial climate related data and disclosures.
- Lead and support the development of climate disclosure related communications included in our annual report, corporate plan and presentations to senior management.
- Support in project planning to meet the requirements of relevant climate disclosure standards.
- Provide strategic advice to management on financial results, accounting policies, complex accounting matters, and external audit issues to support financial decision making by management, Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
- Develop accurate and complete accounting records and reconciliations relating to the Corporation's financial position ensuring they meet all applicable regulatory requirements and maintain robust internal control over financial reporting.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Provide mentorship and guidance on the work of Analysts and Specialists.
What you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A professional accounting designation (minimum Chartered Professional Accountant).
- A Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience in financial reporting or similar experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in designing and implementing new accounting policies, assessing impact and writing complete memo on highly complex accounting matters.
- Demonstrated project management and cross functional team leadership skills and/or participating in such project teams, to manage several ongoing and competing projects.
- Knowledge of relevant financial, legislative, and regulatory environments.
- An excellent ability to gather and analyze information, to synthesize key elements and summarize with recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation, influencing, negotiation and networking skills.
It would be great if you also had:
- A MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or any other professional designation(s), relevant licence or certificate in a related field.
- A strong knowledge of climate disclosure standards and complex IFRS standards.
- Bilingualism (English and French).
For full details and to apply, visit our website: www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/working-at-cmhc
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.