Are you looking to join one of Greater Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers?
The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) advocates for and supports doctors, seeking to strengthen their leadership role in caring for patients. We continually seek to be the trusted voice in transforming Ontario’s health-care system by courageously pursuing best practices, new ideas, solutions, and opportunities to improve.
The Budget Analyst is an integral part of the finance team and is responsible for delivering high quality financial analysis and providing decision support to departments and entities within the Association.
You Will Make a Difference By
- Supporting the development of the annual budget and periodic forecast of designated departments through robust cost analysis and in-depth review. Delivering timely and insightful analysis of actual financial results and providing commentaries on key variances in comparison to budget, forecast or prior year. Preparing financial reports and various reporting packages/presentations for OMA and its subsidiaries. Providing timely analysis and reconciliation of assigned accounts; preparing supplementary schedules and analysis for the financial statements. Participating in projects and initiatives aimed at improving accounting processes.
Requirements That Are Important to Us
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent. CPA designation Three to six (3-6) years of relevant accounting experience Strong analytical skills Good understanding of accounting principles and practices Experience in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
The OMA has moved to a permanent hybrid work environment. As such, the individual in this position will be required to work a minimum number of days in our Toronto office.
What Do We Have to Offer You?
- A work environment whose values are to be — respectful, bold, responsive, and transparent in our work and our behaviours
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team and help shape the strategic direction of the OMA, its members, and the health-care system
- An organization that is committed to the equity, diversity and inclusion principles of humility, accountability, collaboration, courage, and integrity
- A commitment to growth and development through paid professional development and continuous in-house learning
- Friendly and flexible hybrid work environment
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional group benefits package, including a spending account and a robust wellness program
- An organization that has been recognized as a Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for three consecutive years.
As a condition of employment, OMA conducts background checks and reference checks for all open positions.
The Ontario Medical Association is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.