Senior Tax & Financial reporting Analyst (copy)
We are looking for a Senior Tax and Financial Reporting Analyst to join our dynamic team in the Canadian and Global ETF markets. This is an opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative ETF providers. The successful candidate will be critical in supporting tax and financial reporting activities across the 100+ ETF products managed by Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. The position will report to the VP of Fund Operations.
- Prepare and reviews monthly & annual tax distribution calculations
- Coordinates the year-end distribution process and works closely with the fund accounting team and the fund administrator
- Reviews annual tax returns for investment funds, including trusts, and mutual fund corporations ensuring compliance with tax regulations
- Oversee HST and selected listed financial institution (SLFI)-related matters, including calculation of attribution rates and review of HST returns, to ensure compliance with tax regulations and optimize tax efficiency for the investment funds
- Prepares and maintains Canadian and global tax documentation for market opening and dividend reclaims across international markets
- Support in the preparation and production of the interim and annual financial statement and management reports of fund performance (MRFP)
- Assist in responding to fund audit and tax audit requests
- Researches and keeps abreast of regulatory reporting and tax developments which would impact the investment fund industry and support the implementation of changes in procedures and workflows
- Participates in automation and special projects as required
- University Degree in a relevant field with a minimum 3 years of fund operations experience with a focus on tax
- CPA or equivalent designation would be an asset, demonstrating a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in tax regulations and accounting principles
- Solid knowledge of the investment fund industry and familiarity with various asset classes including mutual fund trusts and mutual fund corporations
- MS Office proficiency with a strong understanding of spreadsheets.
- Programming proficiency is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact at any level within and outside the organization Organized, analytical, action-oriented
- individual with strong planning and support skills Strong attention to detail and ability to work with precision and meet tight deadlines
Horizons ETFs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming and accessible environment for all people. All employment decisions at Horizons ETFs are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, color, age, marital status or disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. During the hiring process, for those job applicants selected for interviews, any required accommodation will be provided. If the successful candidate requires accommodations, an individual accommodation plan will be established and the proper adjustments will be made to support them.