Financial Reports Coordinator
The Corporation of the City of North Bay is inviting applications for the position of Financial Reports Coordinator. As a member of the Financial Services Department, you will be part of a team responsible for preparing various financial reconciliations, the preparation of the annual financial information return and the preparation of the consolidated financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for local governments established by the Public Sector Accounting Board of The Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada. Additionally, the role supports various internal and external reporting requirements, including the annual budget preparation, grant reporting, Asset Management Planning, and other initiatives as they arise.
- Administering, recording and reporting all tangible capital asset requirements.
- Overseeing reserve and capital ledgers to ensure proper recording and classification of all associated entries.
- Preparing all tangible capital asset related working papers. Implementing the requirements as set out under PS 3280, Asset Retirement Obligations.
- Assisting in the preparation of semi-annual capital project status reports and the preparation of the capital budget.
- Preparing grant claims and other reporting requirements in accordance with external funding agreements.
- Supporting Asset Management Planning.
- Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or Finance with a specialization in accounting (4 years).
- Professional Accounting Designation in good standing (CPA – Chartered Professional Accountant) with minimum 3 years related work experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards & Canadian Auditing Standards as they relate to financial statement preparation and capital asset accounting.
- Knowledge of and experience with computerized financial software applications.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation applications.
Hours of work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (35 hours/week)
The 2023 annual salary range for this position is $71,388 - $89,227. We offer an employer paid comprehensive benefit package including Health and Dental Benefits, Life, Long-Term Disability, and AD&D Insurance, as well as an Employee Assistance Program. The City of North Bay is an Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) Employer. For more information on the benefits of a defined benefit pension plan please visit https://www.omers.com/
Qualified individuals interested in being considered for this position are requested to submit a resume and covering letter in one PDF document via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please identify the Posting ID: 23E-56 in the subject line. While the position will remain posted until filled, applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All offers of employment are conditional upon proof of education and a satisfactory criminal record check at the candidates cost, to be arranged by the City of North Bay Human Resources Department only.
Applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and will be used strictly for the purpose of candidate selection.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City’s Accessibility Policy. We encourage applicants to make their needs known to Human Resources in advance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer