Assistant Financial Controller
1 day left
- CPA status
- CPA Member
We are the dynamic and growing company in the manufacturing industry. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Assistant Financial Controller to join our Finance and Controls department. If you are a dedicated finance professional looking to take on a challenging role and contribute to the success of our company, we want to hear from you.
As the Assistant Financial Controller, you will be a key member of our finance team, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. You will have the opportunity to work on special projects, prepare the financial statement, cashflow and collaborate with various departments to ensure the accuracy of financial data. This role demands a strong understanding of financial controls, policies, and procedures, as well as a commitment to enhancing operational efficiency.
Principal Responsibilities & Daily Routine:
1. Special Projects: Report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and actively participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned.
2. Financial Reporting: Lead the monthly and annual close process, including the preparation of the monthly financial statements, monthly financial reporting packages, cash flow forecasts, and other management reports. Ensure that all financial transactions are accurately and completely reflected in the financial statements.
3. Financial Analysis: Prepare financial and costing analyses
4. Internal Controls: Implement and closely monitor internal control policies, procedures and process, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
5.Interdepartmental Liaison: Collaborate with other departments to facilitate the month-end and year-end close processes. Supervise the team in preparing working papers for reviews and annual audits.
6. Financial Recommendations: Provide input and make recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer regarding financial issues related to controls, policies, and procedures.
7. Accounting Systems: Play a key role in the development and implementation of accounting systems aimed at increasing operational efficiencies.
8. Team Management: Manage, assign, and review the work of subordinates within the finance team. Evaluate the performance of subordinates against their job requirements and performance goals, ensuring alignment with their position level.
9. Transfer Pricing Compliance: Ensure that the company complies with all relevant transfer pricing regulations and guidelines in the jurisdictions where it operates. This includes staying updated on changes in transfer pricing laws and regulations
10. Tax Compliance: Oversee tax filing processes to ensure compliance with corporate tax, HST and other government reconciliation and remittances.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- A university degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or a related discipline, and a minimum of 5 years of hands-on accounting experience, preferably in the sizable organizations or manufacturing industry of a fast-paced environment.
- A professional accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Strong knowledge of ASPE and IFRS.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting, controls, policies, and procedures. -
- Proficiency in financial software systems and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with ACCPAC will be an asset. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attitude and willingness to continuously learn and update skills in order to remain competitive and challenged.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for multi-deliverables and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage and mentor subordinates effectively.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and the ability to make data-driven recommendations.
- Proficiency in English & Cantonese
If you are ready to take the next step in your finance career and make a significant impact in a growing manufacturing company, we encourage you to apply. Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and why you are the ideal candidate for the Assistant Financial Controller position to email@example.com.
Apply for Assistant Financial Controller
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly