About Acculogic (www.acculogic.com)
Acculogic designs, manufactures and markets a broad range of systems and instruments for testing Electric Vehicle (EV) Batteries, other Electronic Devices, and Circuit Boards and systems. They offer short turn-around time, high fault-coverage, and fast cycle-time solutions. Their services and products are used to validate designs, ensure the integrity of prototypes, improve production processes and yields, and deliver defect-free final products. They are in the business of “Test Engineering” and they help their customers to reduce risks and increase profits. Acculogic strives to provide innovative technologies that are required now and anticipated in the future. To ensure their customers maintain a competitive advantage in their marketplace, Acculogic continues to make a significant investment in new product development and value-added services.
Presently their products are enabling many of the most reputable EV battery manufacturers, OEM and contract electronic manufacturers in North America, Europe and Asia, to test their products without confronting the access or cost of ownership challenges faced in using more traditional test techniques. Acculogic products allow their customers to develop test programs easily and quickly and they can also benefit fully from cost reductions offered by fixtureless test techniques and methods. A major growth area is in the sales and service of automated EV battery interconnect testers and components.
Acculogic is hiring a new Controller to join and lead their accounting team based out of their newly renovated office at Apple Creek Business Park in Markham, Ontario. As the the most senior finance and accounting professional in the company, the Controller reports directly to the Vice President/General Manager in Canada, with a dotted line relationship to the Vice President, Finance at inTest Corporation in New Jersey.
This opportunity will appeal to professionals who enjoy a challenge and making a difference. You will plan, direct and coordinate accounting, finance and financial reporting for the organizations’ multijurisdictional span, including Canada, and small operations in California and Hamburg, Germany. Areas reporting to this role include accounts receivable, accounts payable, information technology, purchasing and inventory control.
The Controller is an active member of the leadership team, working closely with the VP/GM and the leaders of Sales, Manufacturing, Applications and Testing, to set and implement strategy for the organization. The Controller will bring a track record of progressive strategic leadership and solid operational experience within relevant complex industries. This role is both strategic and tactical. As such, you are equally comfortable in the trenches rolling up your sleeves with your skilled team, as you are strategizing with the VP/GM while also collaborating with colleagues at inTest. You always strive to bring your best, anticipate their needs, and are skilled at developing and bringing the best out of your team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Generally, the new Controller will be responsible to:
- Prepare and publish timely monthly, quarterly annual consolidated financial statements. Review information with business unit and corporate leadership team highlighting trends and variances. Works closely with management and parent company to improve performance.
- Manage internal and external auditor relationships to facilitate completion of audit procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage banking relationships.
- Establish, implement, manage, and monitor critical accounting and internal control policies, financial reporting and associated metrics.
- Work closely with the leadership team and the VP/GM to set standards, goals, strategic direction and drive compliance across the entire organization.
- Attain key performance targets as developed with the VP/GM. The main priorities being:
- Financial reporting of Acculogic entities
- Cost accounting, Inventory valuation and management
- Internal Controls and adherence to SOX404
- Managing cash flow
- Projection modelling
- Assist in the implementation of the new ERP and Accounting System and ensure it is functioning properly, including accurate costing and data.
- Oversee cost accounting, through working with sales, engineering and operations to ensure costs and pricing are accurate and correct.
- Interact with Corporate Accounting in New Jersey to ensure that all transaction recording and financial reporting meet US GAAP.
- Complete necessary statutory reporting on a timely basis including tax remittances.
- Prepare budgets and quarterly projection updates. Solicit input from managers for the annual budget and reviews for accuracy. Monitor actual performance to budget and reports significant variances to management.
- Manage accounting / administrative staff and is charged with all the responsibilities such as: coaching, mentoring, performance reviews, discipline.
Education, Experience & Skills
As the newest member of the Acculogic leadership team, you bring:
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated by your ability to contribute to the strategic direction of an organization while collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record of success in attracting, training, developing, and leading a motivated finance and accounting team to help drive, support and develop a culture of performance and collaboration.
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and the ability to uncover opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies that others may not realize.
- An appetite to drive things forward. The ability to assess and develop solutions. Experience driving transformation and efficiency in controls and accounting systems. An appetite for continuous improvement.
- Excellent listening and communication skills allowing you to collaborate effectively with the Acculogic leadership team, key leaders at inTest, auditors, bankers and suppliers.
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and ERP implementations. Familiarity with Manage 2000 (M2K) an asset but not required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a relevant accounting and management role.
- As such, you:
- are a designated accountant (CPA)
- have experience in a multi- national company with a fast-paced, growth environment.
- have Canadian tax experience. US Tax and Foreign Currency Translation experience is an asset.
- have experience working in publicly traded companies.
- have experience supervising full-cycle accounts payable, including reviewing and validating all disbursements. Can oversee revenue reporting processes, reconciliation, and controls.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary, bonus, stock options and excellent benefits. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
Express Your Enthusiasm
Email a cover letter and tailored resume to Allan Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the job title in the subject line of the email.
Leaders International Executive Search