This position is ideal if you are a new or experienced Chartered Professional Accountant aspiring to progress to Partner of a well respected CPA firm within 12 – 18 months.
Our Client, Prairie Strong Chartered Professional Accountants is a reputable and growing CPA firm based in beautiful Esterhazy, Saskatchewan with multiple offices in Southern Sask. Their work includes the full spectrum of accounting services, consulting, payroll services and tax planning/preparation for Individuals, Entrepreneurs, Small-Medium Businesses and Not-for-Profit Enterprises.
Since 1972, Clients have chosen Prairie Strong for their expertise and insightful guidance in helping them forge pathways to success, no matter what the challenge. A unique career opportunity now exists within their Esterhazy office due to a Partner retirement.
Explore this exceptional position with a CPA firm large enough to provide many advancement possibilities and yet small enough to allow Team Members to really show what they can do. (www.prairiestrong.ca)
** Join many Ontario residents moving to Saskatchewan to help them gain an easier path to
Permanent Residency and lower cost of living!"
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build trusted client relationships, determine clients’ unique needs and provide sound financial management advice for businesses and individuals. Analyze financial information including financial transactions, profit and loss statements, balance sheets and related documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepare financial statements and tax returns for clients in a variety of businesses and not for profit enterprises. Prepare and review working paper files for compilation, draft financial statements, corporate tax returns, personal tax returns and all regular filings such as T4’s, T5’s, and GST.
- Analyze financial reports, assess risks, forecast revenue, oversee accounts and help design solutions to improve financial performance. Provide financial advice, explain findings and make strategic solutions and data-driven recommendations to clients.
- Plan, oversee staff, and complete not-for-profit and audit files in compliance with Canadian Accounting Standards. Prepare related financial statements, audit reports and other client correspondence.
- Liaison with and support team members at this and other locations within Saskatchewan, contributing to organizational growth and success. Build effective working relationships with government agencies and members of the community.
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity and motivation to achieve a high standard of client service. Be committed to ongoing professional development, growth and staying up to date with the latest financial regulations, best practice trends and software.
Education: A newly designated CPA or experienced CPA with a strong knowledge and experience in Canadian tax and Canadian Accounting Standards.
- 3 to 5+ years of Canadian accounting firm experience and a desire to manage your own files. Experience in providing advice for small to medium business, tax planning, estate planning, etc. is an asset. Knowledge of Canadian personal and corporate income tax, as well as PST & GST. Audit experience is an asset.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP); ASPE is an asset.
- Experience with accounting/tax software, i.e. Caseware, TaxPrep, Profile, Excel, Quickbooks and Sage.
- Highly motivated team player with high integrity, and strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to learn and work independently on files. Well-organized, with strong time management and problem-solving skills. Committed to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and professional development opportunities.
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 8:30 – 4:30 pm (May 1 – Jan 31); 8:00 – 5:00 pm (Feb 1 – April 30)
Senior level salary, performance bonuses, comprehensive benefit plan and more!
Please direct your enquiries and confidential resume to:
EMPLOYMENT NETWORK CANADA INC.
Attention: David Eisenzimmer, CPC, Vice President, Management & Technical Division
ESTERHAZY, SASKATCHEWAN is a vibrant industrial and agricultural community of nearly 3,000 people located just west of the Saskatchewan-Manitoba border. (www.townofesterhazy.ca)
It has been nicknamed the Potash Capital because of the rich reserves located in the area with three Mosaic mines, and one Nutrien mine located within minutes of town. As a major service centre for the area, Esterhazy offers more than 80 categories of local and national franchise businesses that serve a trading area of 10,000 people. It is also a major centre for public services including health care and education.
There are numerous recreation options in the community, such as golf, curling, slow pitch and rec volleyball, as well as an extensive list of minor sports opportunities. It is within close proximity to the Asessippi Ski Area and Resort as well as two lakes in the Qu’Appelle Valley. The community has walking, cross-country, ski and bike trails as well as tennis and basketball courts and a skate park. There is access to several skidoo and ATV trails.