Traferox develops and commercializes medical equipment based on world leading Canadian lung transplant technology. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our Team as a Controller, reporting to the CFO.
- Responsible for all financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets and forecasts. Key point of contact with external auditors.
- Responsible for expanding, training and overseeing daily operations of the accounting department.
- Leadership in maintaining and enhancing ERP across the company with a focus on manufacturing costing, and on our multi-entity, multi-currency financial reporting structure.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of internal policies and procedures
- Assistance with negotiation and review of agreements with suppliers and customers
- Control and monitoring of all company assets including inventory and fixed assets through cycle counting or other audit methodologies.
Skills and Experience
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of accounting principles, practices, procedures and controls; and demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Must have strong technical skills combined with a well-rounded understanding of all aspects of the business. The ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients, across cross-functional company teams, is critical to success.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SOX requirements is an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with CPA Designation. 5-7 Years post designation experience in a finance leadership role