Senior Financial Analyst 2
Senior Financial Analyst 2 (Temporary Full-Time)
Job ID: 18751
Job Number: 320
CUPE Local 1764
Open: Sep 22, 2023 Close: Oct 06, 2023
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
The Region of Durham is committed to employment equity and is actively implementing measures to build and sustain an inclusive, barrier-free workplace that is reflective of the diverse residents it serves. We welcome applications
from Indigenous Peoples, people from racialized communities, women, persons who live with disabilities, people from 2SLGBTQI+ communities and people with diverse identities.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants who live with disabilities.
Senior Financial Analyst 2-Financial Services
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Reporting & Analysis, The incumbent will:
- Lead or participate as a subject matter expertise in various projects involved in the development, upgrade and enhancement of financial system applications, accountability frameworks, policies, processes and best business practices
- Research best business practice, new accounting standards, etc., develop innovative recommendations, provide strategic consultation and advisory services to management
- Develop, update and implement financial management policies, procedures, processes and best practices
- Review program operation, monitor and evaluate financial and operational performance, recommend, develop and implement solutions to enhance program performance
- Audit, evaluate and develop financial systems and controls
- Prepare various analysis and reports to assist in effective decision making and resolution of financial and operational issues
- Provide support to and handle technical and operational issues escalated by junior accounting staff; provide ongoing training to new hires and existing staff
- Cultivate contacts with internal and external stakeholders to maintain positive working relationships The successful applicant will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CMA; CPA, CGA)
- Extensive experience in accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, etc.), financial and statistical analysis and reporting
- Sound experience as a fully accountable project leader handling diverse projects with a proven record of delivering expected results in deadline-oriented environment
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, regulation, directive and update issued by all levels of government and external agencies
- High proficiency in the use of MS Office applications and accounting software, e.g. Oracle PeopleSoft Financials, with a good understanding of system integration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deliver information to a targeted audience effectively and efficiently through various media
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and maintain positive working relationships
- Outstanding research, self-learning, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
Page 2 of 2 Finance Department
Job ID: 18751 - Senior Financial Analyst 2
CUPE 1764 Salary Grade 9
This position is with Salary Grade 9 and will be paid at the following hourly rates:
- Start: $50.29 - Six Month: $53.09 - Job: $55.88
Conditions of Employment
Prior to the start date, the successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check dated within two (2) months from date of hire. Proof of education, qualifications and any other job bona fide requirements will also be collected.
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity and you require accommodation, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Recruiter will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.