Reporting to the Controller or Manager of Regulatory and Management Systems, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- ensuring that all general ledger transactions are accurately accounted for on a timely basis and conform to relevant standards (IFRS, OEB Handbook, etc)
- identifying business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs
- ensuring that system, policies and procedures are working as designed and enhanced when appropriate;
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a University degree in Commerce, or equivalent, with a recognized Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience, including audit experience
- Be technology-savvy and eager to develop proficiency in tools such as PowerBI and PowerQuery / PowerPivot for Excel
- Possess in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, definition, and foundational roots of a data element in order to create information
- Work closely with stakeholders and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions
- Exercise interpersonal skills in providing guidance to peer associates
- Have extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, internal control systems, advanced accounting systems and generally accepted accounting principles.
Hours of work are 35 hours per week. GSU offers a competitive benefit package, and a hybrid work schedule may be available. The pay range is $3,286.50-$3,577.70 bi-weekly.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume until Friday, September 29, 2023, no later than 4:30 p.m., in confidence to:
Greater Sudbury Utilities
P.O. Box 250
Sudbury, ON P3E 4P1
GSU is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process for the position to which you have applied and require a disability-related accommodation, please notify the Human Resources Department.