Finance & Capital Administrator/ Deputy Treasurer
Business Unit: Finance
Reports To: Director of Finance & Treasurer
Position Title: Finance & Capital Administrator/ Deputy Treasurer
The Town of Erin is a vibrant and growing community located 45 minutes from Pearson International Airport and we are looking for someone to join our team as our Finance & Capital Administrator/Deputy Treasurer. Reporting to the Director of Finance & Treasurer, the successful candidate will administer procurement processes, monitor and update Capital Asset software, maintain capital spreadsheets and balance to the General Ledger, and complete Insurance compliance processes and other analysis/reports as required. The Town prides itself in service excellence and innovation. If you are someone who shares those values and thrives in a fast paced environment we want to hear from you!
- University Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field.
- Completion of or advanced standing in a recognized accounting designation program (CPA, CGA, CMA).
- Canadian Risk Management Designation and/or Canadian Internal Auditor Certification is considered an asset.
- Post graduate Certificate or Diploma in Municipal Administration or knowledge of relevant Acts and legislation governing the financial operations of municipal government is considered an asset.
- At least 3 to 5 years of municipal experience in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices, with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Effective decision making capabilities
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in handling sensitive, confidential information.
- Administer and maintain capital asset software and reports;
- Support active participation in co-operative purchasing groups;
- Monitor purchasing activity for compliance with the Municipality's purchasing by-law; Oversee the tender, proposal, consultant selection and quote processes from inception through to completion;
- Contributes to the development of appropriate policies and procedures related to risk management;
- Maintains a comprehensive property and liability coverage;
- Main contact with insurance providers, brokers and adjusters, as well as with staff, legal counsel and claimants and provides regular updates to Director of Finance;
- Administrates, records, tracks and provides summary of insurance claims and incident reports;
- Provide analysis and complete reports as assigned.
- Assist Director of Finance with other duties as required
Working Conditions and Environment
- This incumbent in this position will be working primarily out of the Town offices.
- The Town of Erin provides an excellent comprehensive benefit package as well as enrollment in the OMERS pension plan.
- This position is for full time 35 hour a week position
- The salary range for this position is currently under review
- Normal office hours are 8:30am-4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, however the incumbent may be required to work outside of normal business hours.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred
Interested applicants may submit their resumes to HR@Erin.ca. Resumes will be accepted until 4:30 pm on September 29, 2023
The foregoing represents a reasonable statement of the requirements of this position. Hiring will be subject to the successful passing of a Criminal Reference Check and verification of education and required certifications’. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection. The Town of Erin is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.