- Provides leadership and guidance to the Senior Accounting/Office Manager and accounting team to ensure the accounting department operates as per internal company policy and procedures.
Financial Budgeting & Reporting:
- Manage all corporate & operational financial elements of the business and report to the Vice-President and the Senior Management Team on the company’s status and ability to meet its strategic and operational objectives;
- Oversee risk management and financial compliance for the business;
- Responsible for the accurate, compliant and timely reporting of financial information ; overseeing the production of monthly reports, financial statements, cash flow projections and year end reports;
- Create processes and procedures that consolidate and drive efficiencies for financial reporting across the business and identify and oversee the implementation of systems that can deliver them;
- Advise the Company in all areas of accounting, job costing, accounts receivables, payables, cash flow, credit and capital requirements;
- Manage responsibilities and contacts with financial institutions, insurance & government agencies, suppliers and auditors; establishing strong lines of communication -formally and informally- to ensure a steady flow of information and that expectations are understood and objectives are met
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, provincial and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position needs while simultaneously ensuring there is an adequate cash flow.
- Assist in identifying new opportunities, the drafting of prospective budgets, and determine cost effectiveness of prospective future opportunity.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Corporate income tax installment payments
- Maintaining and setup of proper HST/GST/PST tracking throughout all transactions
- Completing HST/GST & PST return remittance forms as required